Our Guest, Kerri Kelly
Kerri is the founder of CTZNWELL, a movement that is democratizing wellbeing for all. A descendant of generations of firemen and first responders, Kerri has dedicated her life to kicking down doors and fighting for justice. She’s been teaching yoga for over 20 years and is known for making waves in the wellness industry by challenging norms, disrupting systems and mobilizing people to act.
A community organizer, wellness activist and author of the forthcoming book American Detox: The Myth of Wellness and How We Can Truly Heal, Kerri is recognized across communities for her inspired work to bridge transformational practice with social justice. She’s been instrumental in translating the practices of wellbeing into social and political action, working in collaboration with community organizers, spiritual leaders and policy makers to transform our systems from the inside out. Her leadership has inspired a movement that is actively organizing around issues of racial and economic justice, healthcare as a human right, civic engagement and more.
Kerri is a student of abolition, anti-racism, ableism and decolonization. She works diligently to dismantle oppression within herself and the systems and culture she is a part of. She works in support and solidarity with BIPOC leaders and organizations to explore how to work across lines of difference to advance equity and build community resilience. Her partnership with Michelle C Johnson, Race & Resilience, aims to provoke transformative change in community and institutional spaces that moves us from a culture of separation, supremacy and scarcity to one of connection, cooperation and care.
In this Episode, we cover:
What is it mean to be well today?
- Burnout and the system of Capitalism
- The self-care movement
- The Idea of from the “Me” to the “We”
- Healing as a community
- Where did the term “Detox” came from?
- Finding the space to make change
- Kerri Kelly – Author of American Detox and Founder of CTZNWELL.
- For updates, follow her on Facebook @kerri.kelly.5, Instagram and Twitter @kkellyyoga.
- Enter to Win a copy of American Detox! Follow @rosebudwoman and @the.rose.woman, and drop a comment on the post
- Rev. Angel Williams Kyodo
- Sensing Woman 2022 – a week-long event that will be held from the 27th of September to the 1st of October at the C24 Gallery in Chelsea, New York City
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.