Today’s guest is Tam Hunt, a lawyer by day, writer, and scholar by night. He works in green energy policy and is also an Affiliate Guest in Psychology in the META Lab at UCSB, where he studies consciousness. He is developing on a General Resonance Theory of consciousness, which is slowly gaining notoriety in academic and popular circles.
We discuss philosophy, consciousness, and how it resonates and relates to us in our daily lives.
In this episode, we cover:
- How are philosophy, nature of consciousness, and environmentalism related?
- Animanism and Panpsychism
- Eco, Ego, Eros: Essays in Philosophy, Spirituality, and Science
- Hawaii and Tropical Worldviews
- Hopi Worldview and shifting languages structures
- Process philosophy
- Application of the worldviews discussed
- Thoughts on the emergence of Artificial Intelligence
- Tam Hunt – Lawyer by day and writer and scholar by night. Follow him on Facebook for updates on his new book
- Chopin – Etude Op. 25 No. 11 in A Minor (Winter Wind)
- The Mind’s I: Fantasies And Reflections On Self & Soul by Daniel Dennett and Douglas R. Hofstadter
- Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter
- Charles Eisenstein
- The Culture of Counter-Culture: Edited Transcripts by Alan Watts
- Eco, Ego, Eros: Essays in Philosophy, Spirituality and Science by Tam Hunt
- Language, Thought, and Reality: Selected Writings of Benjamin Lee Whorf
- Shapeshifters: A History by John B. Kachuba
- Sundari Writers Day: Writing from the Body with Christine Marie Mason and Tam Hunt